Open is a student-run club at Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering in Needham, MA and Babson College in Wellesley. Our mission is:
“to promote awareness of, openness toward, and understanding of all sexual and gender identities and lifestyles, and to foster a safe and supportive environment for all members of the Olin and Babson communities.”
Keep in Touch
To receive email updates about what’s happening with Open, including meetings, upcoming events, group activities, and political issues, sign up for our mailing list!
Open raises community awareness for LGBT/Queer issues through its lineup of fun and thought provoking events, including:
- Kick-off Brunch
- Be sure to attend Open’s beginning of the year brunch, where students, faculty, and staff to come together and enjoy themselves in an open, supportive environment. Of course, there is also a ton of free food.
- National Coming Out Day
- Make your own T-shirt by hand on the Great Lawn! Coming out is optional. Fun is mandatory.
- National Day of Silence
- Take a vow of silence for a day to show your support and to raise awareness of the discrimination and silencing that is a daily reality for many LGBT/Queer people.
- Dare to Diva
- Let out your inner diva! Compete in our drag show as an individual drag queen or king or with your friends for prizes, or just come and enjoy the awesome professional guest performer and amateur acts.
- Open to Discussion
- Bring your friends to discuss a variety of topics relating to sexual orientation and gender.
- Movie Nights
- Join us in picking a movie, night, and refreshments. We’ll get together in a lounge or the Academic Center to watch it as a club.
- Your Event Here
- That’s right: you can be a part of the action! To get involved, just sign up for the mailing list and attend our weekly meetings.
If you have questions about the club, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Olin College’s community highly values respecting all people, and Open strives to maintain this culture. If you have any questions about LGBT/Queer life at Olin or in the local area, please contact one of our Outreach Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we regard all communications to this email address as confidential, unless they indicate immediate danger. Open does not provide professional counseling.